Life Changing Books


Below are some of my favorite LIFE books: unleashing your fullest potential [personally and financially] and becoming a more patient parent- let me know if you've read any of these! 

 






1. Drop the Ball by Tiffany Dufu

I met this book right before we had our first child and it’s like the title of the blog says its, Life Changing. Start shifting expectations, communicate with your partner and redefine gender norms.  




2. Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo

Because it is FIGUREOUTABLE and it’s all your choice. I struggled to find myself and my career after Leo was born and my Dad hit me over the head with advice- “Ellie, It’s a choice”.  What he meant, I had the choice to take a nap when my son napped or put in extra hours to get caught up at work - it wouldnt be forever but they were all choices that I had control over. My daughter just turned 1 and I’m re-realizing that what I do is my choice - I’m excited to dive into this book! 


I NEED THIS! 


3. Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D & William D. Danko, Ph.D

Stop keeping up with Jones’ ;)  This book defines the habits of millionaires and they are different than you may think! 



I NEED THIS!



4. No Drama Discipline by Daniel J. Siegel M.D and Tina Payne Bryson, PH.D

Parenting is hard - am I right ??? Patience is hard, learning is hard but it’s necessary to create well rounded humans. This book helps you navigate parenthood with less drama (I mean it’s still hard but it’s easier with this book!) 




5. Babywise by Gary Ezzo. M.A & Robert Bucknam, M.D. 

Given to me as a gift right before Leo was born (a lot happened then huh?)  I never appreciated routine more than after having a baby- this book gets you started. Best takeaways for me  start your day at the same time every day and space out feedings (read the book). Thanks to Sarah H for getting me started on the right path. 


I NEED THIS!





Comments

Popular Posts